College Level New York Office Interns
Our New York office is looking for two fall interns: one to support our Energy and Health program, and one to support our Public Policy program. Below are general details for the internships; contact Tenya@ceh.org to apply or learn more.
The Center for Environmental Health needs your help. CEH’s internship program creates opportunities for the next generation of public health leaders to protect people from toxic chemicals. CEH’s internships give future leaders a high level of responsibility, close supervision, mentorship, and ample skill-building opportunities.
The intern will provide administrative and programmatic support for CEH on projects relating to energy development and health. This experience will give individuals the opportunity to learn about the dynamic interplay between various factors — political, cultural, economic, social and ethical — that affect sustainable and healthy energy development in the United States, and see how non-profits work to translate research, communications and advocacy efforts into meaningful health policy and practice.
- Researching, writing and preparation of materials (including proposals and reports), including assisting with CEH’s Energy Report detailing the pros and cons of fossil fuel sources and renewable energy sources.
- Assist with administrative/clerical tasks including answering phones, ordering supplies, filing, photocopying, and faxing.
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of project spreadsheets and contact lists.
- Assist with communications and social advocacy efforts (i.e. communications outreach, social media, blogs, flyers, and other materials).
- Help represent CEH as assigned at events, public forms, field hearings and other external organizational meetings and conferences.
- Participate in Brown bag lunch series where CEH and others share what they are learning and discuss broad-ranging environmental and environmental health issues.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong research, writing and computer skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Knowledge of U.S. environmental heath policy is a plus
We are a small, diverse group with a big mission. In the past, interns have sometimes been awarded academic credit for their work at CEH. We are looking for interns willing to work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week. Other arrangements can be negotiated. The internship is unpaid, but interns receive a stipend to offset transportation expenses.
Please apply as soon as possible. To apply send a resume, cover letter, short writing sample (2 pages max), and the names and phone numbers of three references. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Fall Internship” in the subject line of your email.
People of color, women, and LGBTI individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.