High School Level Internship – New York Office
The Center for Environmental Health needs your help. CEH’s internship program creates opportunities for the next generation of public health leaders to help protect people from toxic chemicals. CEH’s internships give future leaders a high level of responsibility, close supervision, mentorship, and ample skill-building opportunities. Check out the rest of our website at www.ceh.org.
The intern will provide administrative and programmatic support for CEH on different projects relating to energy policy development and health.
- Assist with administrative/clerical tasks including answering phones, ordering supplies, filing, photocopying, and faxing
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of project spreadsheets and contact lists
- Assist with communications and social advocacy efforts (i.e. communications outreach, social media, blogs, flyers, and other materials)
- Help participate in local events, public forums, etc.
- Participate in Brown bag lunch series where CEH and others share what they are learning and discuss broad-ranging environmental and environmental health issues.
- High School student
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Strong interest in health and the environment
We are a small, diverse group with a big mission. In the past, interns have sometimes been awarded academic credit for their work at CEH. We are looking for interns willing to work a minimum of 10-15 hours per week. Other arrangements can be negotiated. The internship is unpaid, but interns receive a stipend to offset transportation expenses.
Please apply as soon as possible. To apply send a resume, cover letter, short writing sample (2 pages max), and the names and phone numbers of three references. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. Please put “Spring Internship” in the subject line of your email.
People of color, women, and LGBTI individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.