Wet Seal Is Stunningly Toxic
Wet Seal? Shop elsewhere.
Do you like to shop? We love to shop. Starting in 2009 we started shopping at Wet Seal, a young women’s clothing retailer based in Southern California. We bought purses, handbags, belts, and shoes. Then we tested them and found high levels of lead in some of those products. Lead is well known to be a “stunningly toxic” chemical that has been linked to a very long list of problems including lowered intelligence, behavior problems, cancer, strokes, high blood pressure, kidney problems, anemia, cavities, and delayed puberty.
Lead results in long-term health problems
According to the American Academy of Pediatrics lead is “a serious threat to children’s health.” The Academy reiterates what researchers and government agencies have concluded,“There is no ‘safe’ level of lead exposure.”
Wet Seal agreed to stop, but didn’t
When we found lead in their products, CEH took legal action that won an agreement requiring the company to make safer products without lead poisoning threats. The agreement called on Wet Seal to stop selling all lead-tainted products as of December 2012. They broke their promise.
Only you can stop them
The only way to stop them from selling these toxic products to young girls is for their customers to send the message – by shopping elsewhere. Please watch the video, share it with your friends, and let the #StunninglyToxic message spread far and wide.