Questions you should ask when considering purchasing a remanufactured product
- How long is the product warranty? Choose the longest warranty you can. Warranties may vary from 45 days to three years.
- Does the retailer offer an optional extended service plan/warranty for the product?
- Does the retailer offer an optional extended service plan/warranty for the product? The availability of this extended warranty or service plan may be an indication of the company’s willingness to stand behind the product.
- Is there a technical assistance phone number you can call for help? How quickly will they respond?
- What operating system comes with the computer? Is the software legally licensed and genuine?
- Does your refurbisher offer takeback services and are they an e-Stewards refurbisher? e-Stewards certification ensures that the equipment is properly handled at all stages of the refurbishment process?
- What is the return or exchange policy if you are not satisfied with the product? The longer, the better!
- What is the refurbisher’s “fail and return rates”? The industry standard is less than 12% failure and return so find out how the refurbisher’s own rates compare to this standard?
- What peripherals are included with the product?